Sunday 22 December 2019

Wolf Mother. Work in progress with Krita

I tried to get some art done over the weekend. I picked the Romulus and Remus theme for no particular reason apart from it popping into my head and any subject would do, besides, it's iconic.

So far I've dropped pencil sketches into Krita and moved things around to get a composition, and figured out my color palette (keeping it simple).





















I'd like to formalize the negative space between the babies and the teats, as there is almost a pattern forming there.

Also, I was screwing around, playing with bezier selection masks and created this rough head, I almost dumped the file but decided to save it, and the next day opened it up, deciding to take it further I ended up with this image of a boy walking a dog (with the dog doing all the walking). It's one of those aimless illustrations that has no real reason to be, but I like the dog leash, being the last detail added.

























The right caption in the thought balloon would help bring it together.