Saturday 16 February 2013

Gotye wins Grammy's

The Melbourne Artist known as Gotye (Goy-te-er) accepted the Grammy award from the artist formerly known as and now known as Prince. He took three awards including the big one 'Record of the Year' with the song 'Somebody That I Used To know'.



After the awards he stated "I'm grateful to everyone at home for their constant support. It's been amazing and I don't take it for granted. I'm particularly pleased that my album "Making Mirrors" has been acknowledged as well as the single. Hopefully this means there's a place for adventurous, interesting music out there - and for completely silly music too!"
Even though this news is a week old I remembered that the film clip was pretty inventive so that's why it's up here. The clip above avoids all digital trickery, going for an art school stop motion feel, the raw nudity hints at the intimate emotions that are exposed when relationships go bad.
Visit Gotye at his home page.