Friday 3 September 2021

Fortnight break - Trying to get some work done

 Two short weeks, and one almost gone, been attempting to hack out this comic thing, here's the first new panel of the third page.





















I penciled the whole page quite roughly, then I did an exercise while trying to design a new ink brush that might serve all my needs. I thought it would be called the Kirby because I've been looking at a lot of Jack Kirby lately, and to that end I actually loaded in some Kirby art to ink over while designing this brush.












I just ended up inking over the art and never got around to designing the brush, it was nice just to ink over clearly defines artwork, and it dawned on me that I might have to start re-thinking how I do my pencils. Having then attempted a first iteration of this one brush to rule them all, I used it to do an ink-over of some John Romita art.












So once again, I was forced to consider how much better my own stuff would be if I put in the damn time on the pencils (and draw like Kirby and Romita).