Tuesday 20 August 2013

My Pretty. I wait for thee.

This is the camera I want to buy. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design is yet to be released. I hope that means it will be a better camera because of the delay.


Pretty ain't she. Neat,compact and sporting a LUMIX lens for the picture here, however you can put any lens on it. The BMCC is not a stills camera, it is designed for shooting video with 13 stops of dynamic range, that gives you a lot to play with in grading terms, kind of appropriate since Blackmagic is the company that make Davinci Resolve. The thing that attracted me is the stripped down design, there's not a ton of buttons on it and that's a big plus from my point of view. Unfortunately since no one's really using it yet it's hard to get any information from users, but we'll wait and see. Some time this year is the word but the company is not saying anything definite yet.